Smart Career Choices
- Healthcare Occupations are among the fastest growing employment opportunities in the nation.
- Current Idaho Department of Commerce and Labor (ICL) and 2005 Workforce Investment Board Healthcare Employer Survey data indicate that in South Central Idaho, there are shortages and vacancies in nursing occupations.
- Entry level wages are significantly higher than other occupations.
- Career laddering opportunities allow people to work and go to school at the same time.
- Many employers support their employees by having tuition and book reimbursement.