Registered Nursing : Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply? Please see the application and entrance requirements page on this website for more details or contact the HSHS student advisor.
- What will my classes be when I'm in the program? Check out this Academic Plan
- Do I need chemistry? Yes! Before you begin the program, you must have a C or better in Chemistry 101. Chemistry 101 must be no older than 5 years from the application deadline of when application is submitted.
- Why is the Math and English testing necessary? Placement exams place you in the correct MATH and ENGLISH courses. If you have already taken MATH 143 or MATH 153 and ENGLISH 101 or equivalent courses or have qualifying scores on the ACT or SAT, you are not required to take the placement exams. The placement exams currently used by CSI are ALEKS for Math, and The Write Class for English.
- Do I have to be a CNA?YES.
- Do I need to have graduated with a high school /GED/HSE diploma/certificate in order to go through the RN program?YES.