Registered Nursing : Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply? Please see the application and entrance requirements page on this website for more details or contact the HSHS student advisor.
- Where can I find a list of classes required for the program? See this checklist.
- What will my classes be when I'm in the program? Check out this Academic Plan!
- Do I need chemistry? Yes! Before you begin the program, you must have a C or better in 2 semesters of high school chemistry or Chemistry 101 if you are starting fall 2015 or spring 2016 semesters.
- Why is the compass testing necessary?The Compass exams place you in the correct MATH and ENGLISH courses. If you have already taken MATH 143 or MATH 153 and ENGLISH 101 or equivalent courses or have qualifying scores on the ACT or SAT, you are not required to take the compass exams.
- Do I have to be a CNA? NO.
- Do I need to have graduated with a high school /GED/HSE diploma/certificate in order to go through the RN program?YES.