About the Program:
CLINICAL CASE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM AT CSI
As per the Core Curriculum for Surgical Technology (6th edition) and our CSI clinical guidelines:
Students in the CSI surgical Technology program must meet the following clinical guidelines in order to qualify for completion of the program.
- The total number of cases to complete is 120 (to meet accreditation requirements, our program requires 130)
- Students are required to complete 30 cases in General Surgery.
- Twenty (20) of these cases must be First scrub (solo) role
- Students are also required to complete 90 cases in various surgical specialties. Including any combination of Otho, ENT, OB/GYN, GU, Neuro, Opthalmic, Plastics, Peripherical vascular, cardio-thoracic and trauma.
- 60 of the 90 cases must be in the first scrub role and evenly distributed between a minimum of 5 surgical specialties (listed above) with 15 maximum in any one surgical specialty
- Observation cases must be documented but do not count as required cases.
- No more than 10 Diagnostic endoscopy cases will be counted (only as second scrub role)
- No more than 5 Vaginal delivery cases will be counted (only as second scrub role)